Anesthesia Technician Career in Pakistan Job Opportunities
Anesthesia Technician Career in Pakistan, Scope, Anesthesia types, Job Opportunities, requirements, courses, admission procedure, employment sectors, duties, and tasks, all that you want to know about anesthesia technician is available here. Anesthesia Technician (US English) is a type of allied healthcare worker who helps with the administration and monitoring of anesthetic and is well-versed in anesthetic techniques, instruments, supplies, and technology. “Anesthesia” can also be spelled “Anaesthesia.”
Anesthetic technicians are mostly employed by anesthetic departments or operating theatre suites, but they can also be found in emergency rooms, intensive care units (ICU), and day surgery clinics.
Anesthesia Technician Role
Anesthetic technicians are involved in all areas of a patient’s preoperative anesthetic treatment, taking religious and cultural views into account and maintaining the patient’s right to medical privacy and dignity at all times. Anesthetic technicians also play an important part in patient resuscitation in an emergency.
Prior to Anesthesia
Anesthetic technicians set up the equipment required for the patient to be seated securely. This entails:
- Checking and configuring the anesthetic machine
- Making intravenous medications
- Making intravenous therapy administration equipment
- Arranging a variety of devices to maintain the patient’s airway (e.g., laryngeal masks, endotracheal tube)
- When the patient arrives in the operation room, communicate with them.
- Using anesthetic monitoring to help examine the patients’ status while they are sedated. Electrocardiography (ECG), blood pressure, and oxygen saturation devices are examples of such equipment. Other metrics, such as anesthetic depth monitors (EEG, bispectral index, and so on), may also need to be monitored.
During the Anesthesia
The anesthesia technician’s responsibilities include:
- Obtaining and maintaining a sufficient level of anesthetic.
- Creating and maintaining an airway.
- Ensure that patients are not put into a position that would cause them pain or harm throughout their operation.
- Keeping track of the patient’s vital signs and anesthetic depth.
- Temperature control and monitoring.
- Patient (blood) sample collection and analysis
- Obtaining and using transfusion fluids and equipment.
Anesthetic technicians support the anesthetist with the following tasks:
- The patient is being awoken.
- Airway devices are being removed.
- Patients are transferred to post-operative care units.
There are regional variances; however, anesthesia technicians may also be involved in:
- Setup, operation, and monitoring of an intra-operative intra-aortic balloon pump.
- Insertion and monitoring of a Swan-Ganz pulmonary artery catheter.
- Setup, operation, and monitoring of intraoperative blood salvage.
- Analysis of arterial blood gases, including analyzer maintenance.
- Insertion and monitoring of an arterial line
- Insertion of a peripheral IV line.
- Resuscitation by cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- IV lines in the chest.
- A sampling of TEGs.
Anesthetic Technician Personal Requirements
- Communication and interpersonal skills are important.
- Ability to operate under pressure, with good technical and measuring skills.
- Capacity to interact with computers
- Methodical and well-organized.
- Able to deal with the job’s physical demands.
Anesthesia Technician Career Opportunities in Pakistan
Anesthetic Technician Career Education and Training
A VET qualification in anesthesia technology is normally required to become a trained anesthetic technician. To be admitted to these courses, you must normally be employed in the anesthetic department of a hospital or medical clinic, reporting to a properly competent supervisor. Because courses and criteria differ by university, you should contact your desired college for further information.