Cardiac Technologist Career Scope in Pakistan
Students who have medical or biological backgrounds can enter the area of Cardiac Technology as Cardiovascular Technologists. The complete information about the cardiac technologists or a career in cardiovascular science is available, including qualification prerequisites, courses, jobs, job opportunities, responsibilities, and jobs. Cardiovascular technologists and technicians aid doctors with diagnosing and treating heart (heart) and peripheral cardiovascular (blood vessels) illnesses. Cardiovascular technologists are health specialists who deal with the circulation system. They use various medical devices to take images doctors can use to determine a diagnosis. They concentrate on imaging the veins and heart veins, although techs who specialize in these areas are called “vascular technicians.” Cardiovascular technologists need to know how to control tools and place patients to obtain the right picture and stay up to date with evolving techniques or technologies. In the end, successful cardiologists require the appropriate education, certification, and ongoing education.
A cardiovascular technologist is employed in a cardiac laboratory and can perform highly complex procedures, such as stent implants, cardiac pacemakers, defibrillators, and other tests that help identify heart diseases. They respond to emergencies and are involved in the saving of patients suffering from an attack of the heart. Cardiac Technologists are responsible for the role of install and control the heart-lung equipment that is concerned with monitoring and operating the functions taking place within the lungs and heart. They also participate in the work where they will check and analyze the patient’s medical history. The course has a duration of approximately 4 to 5 years, the same as the duration of MBBS course studies.
Cardiovascular technologists can specialize in three specific areas of work:
- Invasive Cardiology
- Cardiac Sonography
- Vascular technology/sonography
Cardiac Technologist Scope in Pakistan
There is a vast and challenging field of Cardiac Technologists within Pakistan. The Pakistani population is now one of the riskiest sufferers of coronary heart disease (CHD). Between 30 and 40% of deaths in Pakistan occur due to Cardiovascular Heart disease (CHD). There are a lot of opportunities for cardiac technologists at the various private and public hospitals in Pakistan. It is among the most lucrative jobs in Pakistan. You can also establish your clinic following a BSc in Cardiac Technology.
Cardiac Technologist Career Opportunities
Many large urban and regional governments, as well as private hospitals, include cardiac investigation departments, and there there’s a rise in private companies, specifically in the field of cardiac ultrasound. The educational opportunities and the grading of positions differ between states and institutions. The following employment opportunities are available for Cardiac Technologists within Pakistan:
- Educational Institutions
- Government Hospitals
- Private Practice Clinics
- Private Hospitals
- Research centers
- Sports Areas
- Online Rehabilitation Consultancy
- Director of Nursing
- Nurse Administrator
- Forensic Nurse
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent
- Nurse Supervisor
- Nursing Lecturer
- Staff Nurse
- Nurse Principal
Cardiac Technologist Career Scope in Pakistan Job Opportunities
To be a cardiac technologist, typically, you must earn the requirements of a university degree, with a focus in biophysics and health sciences and nursing, physiology as well as exercise physiology. When you’re employed as a cardiac technologist, you’ll be given some on-the-job instruction and could be required to pursue further studies in the field of cardiac technology. There are different university requirements, and some offer open entry requirements or provide an external course of study.
Responsibilities & Tasks of a Cardiac Technologist
The obligations and duties are as the following:
- monitor the heart’s electrical activity that is recorded. The heart rate is determined, and its rhythm and pattern are used to interpret the heart’s rhythm and routine.
- evaluate the cardiac response of patients to exercise with stationary bikes or treadmills or Electrocardiography (ECG) recording
- Test implanted cardiac pacemakers using computers
- Keep track of and monitor ECG as well as blood pressure data during interventions
- capture ECG data from inside the heart to detect and treat abnormal heart rhythms
- Use ultrasound equipment to examine the heart’s chest wall and obtain and measure pictures of the heart to determine the flow of blood and valves for abnormalities.
- examine the effects of cardiovascular medications and other conditions using these techniques.
Requirements for Cardiovascular Technologists
A cardiovascular technologist needs to attend school to earn the degree of bachelor’s or associates. A year is devoted to introductory courses, then the second year of training in one of the following specialties:
- Invasive cardiology for students who are planning to work in the heart catheterization lab or in the cardiac catheterization equipment, which may also include electrophysiology
- Noninvasive cardiology for students who intend to be involved on Holter Monitor, Stress, or pacemaker tests.
- Noninvasive echocardiology for students who intend to perform cardiovascular ultrasound
- Noninvasive vascular cardiology: For students who want to be in peripheral vascular cardiology.
- A careful and thoughtful approach to work
- Professional, sympathetic and supportive approach to patients
- safety guidelines to be followed
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to continuing professional growth
- Ability to be part of the team
Cardiovascular Technologists Employment Areas
The holders of the degree of Cardiac Technologist are faced with the primary question on their minds about what kinds of work areas are available in nursing Pakistan.
- Clinics Sectors
- Factories Departments
- Hospital Centers
- Heath Departments and Centers
- Industrial Sectors
- Military Houses
- Medical Departments and Centers
- Nursing Home Centers
- Orphanage Centers
- Old Age Centers
- Railways Departments
- Educational Centers
- Training Centers
Outside of Pakistan, this work also has a tremendous amount of coverage at the international level. It is possible to visit private and public clinics and hospitals. Within Saudi Arabia, it is stated that there is an enormous potential for expert cardiac technologists. They view this field not only as reputable and reliable but also give a higher amount of payment options.