HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 for Master’s and PhD in UK
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 for Master’s and PhD in UK is open to all Pakistani applicants looking to continue their studies in foreign country. The application process for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 for Master’s and PhD in UK is open to all across the globe to receive Fully Funded Scholarships that allow applicants to complete Master’s Degrees or Ph.D. Degrees. The candidates who want to apply from Pakistan, must register themselves for HEC HAT Test. This year, the Commonwealth grant is granted with six themes ranging from science and technology to promote global prosperity, catastrophe management, health systems, and accessibility to opportunities. These themes are designed to inspire people to take part in the development of a better world. Furthermore, the Commonwealth alums established an online community that connects people from the past and present. Moreover, they provide information about events, issues, and opportunities.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) offers a government-run scheme of scholarships in the UK, governed by international development goals. It is part of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) and is an enthralling illustration of the ongoing commitment of the UK toward the Commonwealth. It can attract individuals with exceptional talents and identifiable potential from all backgrounds and assist the development of innovative leaders upon their return to their homelands. CSC’s work blends sustainable development with UK national interest. It also provides opportunities for collaboration and partnerships with international partners.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023
Commonwealth Masters Scholarship 2023-23 is supported through HEC and the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), and HEC to support ongoing growth in low as well as high-income nations. Commonwealth Scholarship always comes to aid each other with academic issues by sharing their experience and cooperating with other students on their projects. Commonwealth studies have a wide-ranging impact. Since 1959, nearly 28500 Commonwealth scholars have received full-time study by the UK Government. In addition, there are also the USA scholarships: Stanford University Scholarships 2023 in the USA, which are Fully funded.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 for Master’s and PhD in UK
HEC Scholarship 2023 Apply Online
All interested students who want HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 can apply online at its Portal. As a Commonwealth partner, people can become Commonwealth professionals for the remainder all their life. They can utilize the numerous connections made by CSC alums to promote the development and transformation of their own countries and in other Commonwealth nations around the globe. Furthermore, this UK Government bursary allows scholars to be active members of the Knowledge Hub. These websites enable ideas and projects to be exchanged and discussed.
Apply Online HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023
Apply online for Commonwealth PhD Scholarship
Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 for Master’s and PhD in UK Eligibility Criteria
- To be eligible for these scholarships, you must be suitable for HEC eligibility, in addition to the CSC prerequisites listed below:
- Citizens and permanent residents in the Pakistan/AJ&K region are eligible to apply. Dual nationals aren’t qualified.
- For the Master’s award, a candidate must possess a first-class qualification with a postgraduate degree (16 years Master’s/Bachelor’s degree or bachelor’s diploma) in the subject area by the deadline of the HEC applications portal.
- To be eligible for a Ph.D. award, the applicant must possess a first-class qualification in a relevant postgraduate qualification (18 years of Masters/MS/MPhil degrees) in the area of study before the closing date on the HEC applications portal.
- Candidates must not hold a Second or Third division at the end of the last degree. Candidates waiting for their results are not eligible for application.
- All applicants must provide HAT test scores. The applicant must have scored at least 60 out of 100 on the HAT test. Candidates who took the HAT test before or on January 01, 2023, can upload their test results to the HEC portal to be considered.
- Applicants are not considered for further processing if they do not submit a minimum HAT result (60 percent of the 100). Interested applicants who are yet to take the HEC HAT test may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/. ETC accepts applications for the HAT test until October 11, October 11, 2023.
- CSC Eligibility Criteria in addition to HEC requirements:
- To be eligible for these awards to be eligible, you must
- Have a permanent residence in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- You should be ready to begin studying in the UK at the beginning of the UK academic year in September 2023.
- The CSC will not typically fund an additional UK Master’s Degree. If you’re seeking a second Master’s degree in the UK, it is necessary to justify why you want to pursue this research.
- Insufficient funds to go to the UK without this award
- Full transcripts of your transcripts that detail your higher education credentials, including up-to-date transcripts for all studies you are currently taking (with authenticated translations if they are not in English), and upload them to the online application system.
- You must provide the names of at least two people.
- Only for Ph.D. candidates only:
- Do not be eligible to receive the award of a Ph.D. or an MPhil that leads to the Ph.D. or at a UK school or country of residence between September and October 2023.
- Include a statement of support from an applicant for supervisory positions within the UK from at least one of the institutions mentioned on the application form.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
The applicants must fill out online through HEC and Commonwealth portals. If the applicant does not fill out online forms for application on both websites listed in the next section, HEC cannot accept the application.
Commonwealth Online Application
Candidates are required to apply via the online application system as described below. The CSC cannot accept applications not made through online application within the deadline listed above.
HEC Application online
- Apply online at the official website of HEC. After registering and filling out your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad.” Once you have submitted your application, you must print a copy signed by the applicant. HEC Online application portal will end on October 18, 2023
- Before applying, update your HEC profile with the most current email address or cell number and updated information. We recommend that you fill out and complete your application as fast as possible since the online application system is likely to be busy in the days before the deadline.
- Application without the submission of the Commonwealth Application form and the online HEC form will not be considered in any way (submitted applications must be completed in all respects)
- Keep all your HEC and Commonwealth online applications following successful submission to the appropriate portals.
- Hardcopies of the HEC application forms (along with other relevant academic documents such as. transcripts, equivalence to foreign degrees and statement of intent research plan/proposal/statement of purpose, copies of CNIC Domicile) and submitted Commonwealth application forms for scholarships (proof of a minimum of two references and a letter of placement) can be to be kept for the applicant’s record.
- DO NOT SEND HARD COPIES OF APPLICATIONS TO HEC.
- HEC is a proponent of equal opportunity, and women are encouraged to submit applications. The nomination ratio should be 50:50 (Male female: male).
- HEC online portal will close according to the deadline. Then no candidate will be eligible to apply. Additionally, incomplete applications (not saved or submitted) are not accepted.
- It is important to note that HEC plays a facilitating role in the selection process, and the country that donated the money will determine the final decision. Additionally, HEC will have no financial obligation about the award.
- If you submit falsified information at any time, HEC reserves the right to debar and cancel applicants from future scholarships.
- The sole obligation of the applicants is to make sure that they submit their applications for both the Commonwealth and HEC portals before October 18, 2023.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 Deadline
HEC online submission for the last working days is on , October 18, 2023 (1600 Hours Pakistan Standard Time). Please be aware that HEC is only a facilitator in the nomination process, and the country that donated the money will determine the final selection decision. Additionally, HEC will have no financial obligation concerning this scholarship. If applicants submit falsified information at any point, HEC reserves the right to ban and cancel applicants from all future scholarships. It is solely the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that they have submitted their application by the deadline. HEC online portal will close at the deadline when no candidates are eligible to apply. Additionally, incomplete applications (not completed) are not accepted.
What are the criteria for eligibility for the Commonwealth Scholarship?
Please visit the Introduction/Eligibility criteria page.
Where can I find programs and universities?
Find these sites and your ideal program using the suggested methods on the website link. CSC participating universities can be located by clicking on the following websites.
- For Master’s Degrees: Click here to apply for a Master’s Scholarship.
- For Ph.D: Click here to apply for a Ph.D. Scholarship.
How do I apply online to HEC and CSC (Commonwealth Portal)?
There are two steps to follow:
Step 1: (Commonwealth Online Application)
Apply online for Commonwealth (CW) Scholarships for Master’s and Doctoral study (Ph.D.) via the Application System (EAS) at official site of Commonwealth Scholarship.
Step 2: (HEC Online application)
Apply online at the official HEC website. After registering and filling out your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad.” After applying, you must print a version signed by the applicant. HEC Online application portal will close on October 18, 2023 (04.00 pm Pakistan Time)
What is the last date/deadline to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship?
Deadline for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship: October 18, 2023 (04.00 pm Pakistan Time)
Note: It remains the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that they have submitted their application by the deadline.
Is there a fee to apply to be considered for Commonwealth Scholarship?
There is no application fee to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship. The applicant could be asked to pay for the ETC-HAT test.
What’s the test date for the Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT)?
For more information, visit the official website of ETC https://etc.hec.gov.pk or lock your query at onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk for ETC.
Is there any significant information about scholarships?
HEC promotes equality of opportunity and validates it; therefore, females and males both should be encouraged to submit applications (50:50 nominations will be sent). Please be aware that HEC is only a facilitator in the nomination process, and the country that donated the money will determine the final selection decision. Additionally, HEC will have no financial obligation concerning this scholarship. If applicants submit falsified information at any point, HEC reserves the right to ban and cancel applicants from all future scholarships. It is solely the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that they have submitted their application by the deadline. HEC online portal will close at the deadline when no candidates are eligible to apply. Additionally, incomplete applications (not completed) are not accepted. The applicants are advised to finish and submit their applications early to avoid delays since the online application system is expected to be busy the days before the application deadline.
Do you have to submit Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT) score?
If you don’t have the scores from the HAT exam, applications will not be considered.
What minimum qualification scores are needed to pass the Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT)?
To be nominated, candidates must score at least 60% on the Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT).
If a candidate submits incorrect information at any time (if eligible), is it possible to be considered to receive the award?
The applicant is required to provide their details carefully. If applicants submit incorrect information, HEC reserves the right to disqualify and cancel the applicant for future Scholarships.
Is IELTS essential for applying for a Commonwealth scholarship?
No. But, the applicant must fulfill the requirements of their intended university.
What’s the upper age limit in Masters/Ph.D.?
There is no age limitation imposed by HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 for Masters/PhD.
Can an Afghan citizen apply for this award?
No, only Pakistani or AJ&K nationals are eligible to apply for this award.
Is the GRE-General/Subject score acceptable?
No, International GRE-General/Subject isn’t acceptable to award this scholarship.
Which test is valid for the awarding of this scholarship?
Only HAT conducted through Education Testing Council (ETC) is an acceptable test to be used for the award of this scholarship.
What are the requirements that must be met when applying for Ph.D. Programs?
Candidates applying for Ph.D. studies must be granted consent or approval from their supervisor at the host institution (mentioned on the application form). A letter of acceptance signed by the supervisor has to be included in your online form.
Only the MS/MPhil HAT option is accessible on the ETC website?
All Masters applicants must sign up for the MS/MPhil test on the ETC website. However, Ph.D. applicants must select the Ph.D. option.
I am a Ph.D. student, but was I registered for the MS/MPhil HAT option?
Request ETC through onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk to change the category from MS/M.Phil to Ph.D. test only if you cannot edit it through the ETC portal.