Law Career Scope in Pakistan
Specialization in Law
- Civil Procedure Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Limitation Act
- Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act 1973
- Canons of Professional Conduct and Etiquette of Advocate as framed by the Pakistan Bar Council.
- Court Fees Act, and suits Valuation Act; and
Law Career Scope in Pakistan Jobs Opportunities Salary Requirements
Duties of Lawyers
Lawyers typically do the following:
- Advise and represent clients in courts, before government agencies, and in private legal matters
- Communicate with their clients, colleagues, judges, and others involved in the case
- Conduct research and analysis of legal problems
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses
- Present facts in writing and verbally to their clients or others, and argue on behalf of their clients
- Prepare and file legal documents, such as lawsuits, appeals, wills, contracts, and deeds
- Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Sindh High Court
- Lahore High Court
- Lahore High Court Bar
- Peshawar High Court
- District Court Karachi (East)
- Malir Court Karachi
- Hyderabad Courts Sindh
- Court of the Magistrate Class I
- Court of the Magistrate Class II
- Court of the Magistrate Class III
- Court of the Magistrate Section 30
Careers Related to Lawyers
Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
Arbitrators, mediators, and conciliators facilitate negotiation and dialogue between disputing parties to help resolve conflicts outside of the court system.
Judges and Hearing Officers
Judges and hearing officers apply the law by overseeing the legal process in courts. They also conduct pretrial hearings, resolve administrative disputes, facilitate negotiations between opposing parties, and issue legal decisions.
Paralegals and Legal Assistants
Paralegals and legal assistants perform a variety of tasks to support lawyers, including maintaining and organizing files, conducting legal research, and drafting documents.
Postsecondary teachers instruct students in a wide variety of academic and technical subjects beyond the high school level. They may also conduct research and publish scholarly papers and books.
Recommended Law Courses in Pakistan
Its the best recommended course for serious students of law who want to join judiciary. This 5 years comprehensive course will equip you with all the required skills in the field. Only a slow learner can fail in legal practice after getting this 5 years degree.
LLB is a three year degree program after graduation in any stream of study. We have written a detailed article on this program to guide the students. After graduating in law you will have to get license of practice from the provincial bar council, All provincial bar councils take their internal tests for allowing the students to practice as an advocate in their any subordinate district bar. You will also have to get the membership of your provincial bar council.
Its a master program after LLB or BA-LLB..Its a recommended degree for those who want to join judiciary or academia. Fir further guidance about this program read our detailed article on LLM.
Legal Assistant Course
Skill development council and some law collages have also launched legal assistant course. This course prepares the students to assist the professional lawyers in the court. They are given the training of typing and short hand too. We also suggest to all undergraduate students to learn the English/Urdu typing/Ms Office/In-page and short hand for getting reasonable clerical job in judiciary or law firms.
Diplomas & Certificates
You may also get 6 months to 1 years diploma or certificate in different legal fields. These diplomas will help you in becoming a expert of a specific field of law, like income and sales tax, labor law, international trade, corporate laws, intellectual property law, banking laws, environmental laws etc.
MSc Criminology or Forensic Science
All those lawyers who want to become criminal lawyer, must go for MSc criminology or forensic science. Degrees in law enables you to become a public prosecutor, lecturer and judge/magistrate too.
5 Year Course includes Political Science, Sociology, Economics, and English subjects as minor areas of study to supplement the wide range of law subjects that its graduates are required to study. There are six subjects in each semester except semesters nine and ten, which have only five subjects in each